Feb 1, 2019

Red



Red- his favorite color.
I don't remember how, over the time, it has become my favorite color as well. There was a time, not too long ago, when all I had were Blacks/Whites/Grays or their combination shades in my closet. Now, whenever I shop in the mall or online, Red is the one color I look for and instantly approve.
The other day I was looking at my wardrobe and I saw some 4-5 clothes in the same shade of Red. Given that I am someone who only keeps around 8-9 clothes at a time for regular/seasonal wear, it was quite a share.

And not just clothes, general stuff around my house (kitchen utensils included), the decor etc is like a theme- of him. It conveyed something so strongly.
I realized how I am trying to compensate his absence by keeping him with myself all the time in my mind/heart where I am subconsciously doing smallest/subtle things the way he would have liked- choosing colors he would have picked.


Love shows up in so many ways and Longing - even more.




5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of sight, out of mind is for the shallow. People who really care and love live by 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder'. HE must mean so much to you. Nitya, it was a deeply felt and nicely written post. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yes, He means life and beyond! I feel it more with every passing day.

      Delete