Aug 15, 2018

15th August


Just felt like watching an Indian Flag Hoisting ceremony ...





Even though I am a self proclaimed - more patriotic than many, it always was a boring event for me back in the days.

I lived in a neighborhood where at least 4 schools(including mine of course) were within a distance of clear loudspeaker sound. I was always repelled by the high volumes, irrespective of the nicest melody being played.
Also, no matter how enthusiastically I practiced in bathroom, I would never think it was good enough for the stage and mic! So days like these mostly started with a negative undertone for me.

To my relief, the ceremonies used to be over by noon or so and we were home around lunchtime. Sure enough there was some Karma/Tiranga/Shaheed type movie running on DD. So the rest of the day was the real freedom and fun for the kids that we were :).

The best part was - four Boondi laddus in primary school to one tiger biscuit packet in secondary to snacks in college.

Never thought I would miss this but here I am!

Happy Independence Day :-).





No comments:

Post a Comment